Breaking News

Colombia Market

Capital: Bogota

Area : Total area : 1.13891 million km2Trong it : Land area: 1.0387 million km2 surface area :

100 210 km2

Population: Total : 43,593,035 people (approximately 7/ 2006)

Major cities : It is divided into 32 counties : Amazonas , Antioquia , Arauca , Atlantico , Bolivar , Boyaca , Caldas , Caquetá , Casanare , Cauca , Cesar , Choco , Cordoba , Cundinamarca , Guainía , Guaviare , Huila , La Guajira , Magdalena , meta , Narino , Norte de Santander , Putumayo , Quindio , Risaralda , San Andres y Providencia , Santander , Sucre , Tolima , Valle del Cauca , Vaupes , Vichada and 01 * capital City : Bogota * .

Ethnicity and religion : The Portuguese or Spanish Native American hybrid : 58 % Caucasian, 20 % Creole whites : 14 % Blacks : 4 % African -American people India : 3 %, Roman Catholic teaching : 90 %, the other direction : 10 % .

Languages: Spanish

Climate : The climate is tropical along the coast and the vast plains to the east , the climate is cooler in the highlands .

- Location : Located in the northern part of South America , bordering the Caribbean Sea , between Panama and Venezuela , and continued education for the North Pacific Ocean , between Ecuador and Panama .

- The boundaries : total 6,004 km border line km of which is adjacent to the State : Brazil 1,643 km , Ecuador : 590 km , Panama 225 km , Peru : 1,496 km , Venezuela : 2,050 km

- Natural resources : petroleum , natural gas , coal , iron ore , nickel , gold , copper , water power .

- Land use : arable land : 2.01 % ; – Agricultural land : 1.37 % – other types of land : 96.62 % ( 2005 )

- Natural disasters : volcanic eruptions in the plateau region , earthquakes and periodic drought .

- Age : From 0-14 years : 30.3 % ( male : 6,683,079 people ; female : 6,528,563 people ) – From 15-64 years : 64.5 % ( male : 13,689,384 people ; women : 14,416,439 people ) – From 65 years and over : 5.2 % ( male : 996 022 people ; female : 1,279,548 people ) ( 2006 estimate ) .

- GDP per capita : $ 7,900 / person / year ( estimated in 2005)

- GDP by sector : agriculture : 11.9 % ; – Industry: 50.4 % – services : 37.7 % ( 2005 estimate )

- Workforce : Total : 20.52 million ( 2005 )

- Labour force by industry : agriculture : 22.7 % ; – Industry: 18.7 % – Services : 58.5 % ( 2000 estimate )

- Unemployment rate : 10.2 % ( 2005 )

- Agricultural Products : coffee , fresh flowers , bananas , rice , tobacco , corn , sugarcane , cocoa , beans , oil seeds , vegetables , forest products , shrimp .

- Industry : Textile , food processing , oil , footwear , beverages , chemicals , cement , gold , coal , gems .

- The growth rate of industrial products : 3 % ( 2005 estimate )

- Stock Exchange (bolsa de valores de colombia): BVC

- Exports : Value : U.S. $ 19.3 billion fob terms ( estimated in 2005)

- Exports : petroleum , coffee , coal , bananas , flowers types

- Export Partners : U.S. : 42.1 % Venezuela : 9.7 % ; Ecuador : 6 % (2004 )

- Imports : Value : $ 18 billion fob terms ( estimated in 2005)

- Imported goods : industrial equipment , transportation equipment , consumer goods , chemicals , paper products , petroleum and electricity .

- Export Partners : U.S. : 29.1 % Venezuela : 6.5 % China: 6.4 % Mexico : 6.2 %, Brazil 5.8 % (2004 )